Last Updated September 9, 2018
Information We Collect And Receive
Pub may collect and receive Customer Data and other information and data (“Other Information”) in a variety of ways:
- Customer Data. As mentioned in the Terms of Service, Customer Data consists of information made available to us through your use of the Website, which includes your name, contact information, email address, search and Your Specifications, as well as any other communications sent through or integrated with the Website or Services.
- Other Information. Pub also collects, generates and/or receives Other Information, which includes:
- Usage Information.
- Log data. As with most websites, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use the Website and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Website, browser type and settings, the date and time the Website was used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences, and cookie data.
- Device information. Pub collects information about the devices accessing the Website, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this Other Information often depends on the type of device used and its settings.
- Third Party Data. Pub may receive data about organizations, industries, Website visitors, marketing campaigns and other matters related to our business from the parent corporation, affiliates and subsidiaries, our partners, or others that we use to make the Website better or more useful. This data may be combined with Other Information we collect and might include aggregate level data, such as which IP addresses correspond to zip codes or countries. Or it might be more specific: for example, how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
- Usage Information.
How We Use Your Information
Pub uses Customer Data and Other Information in furtherance of its legitimate interests in operating the Website and Pub's business. More specifically, Pub uses Customer Data and Other Information in the following ways:
- Contacting Creators. Pub may use your Customer Data in connection with contacting the applicable Creator on your behalf.
- To provide, update, maintain and protect our Website and business. This includes use of Other Information to support the Website under the Terms of Services, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other.As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions. If you contact us, we may use your Other Information to respond.
- To develop and provide search, learning and productivity tools and additional features. Pub tries to make the Website as useful as possible.
- To send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Website, the Pub Discover, and important Website-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other news about Pub.
We do not sell your Customer Data to be used by any third parties.
How We Share And Disclose Your Information
- Aggregated or De-identified Data. We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified Other Information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified Other Information with prospects or partners for business or research purposes.
- To Comply with Laws. If we receive a request for information, we may disclose Customer Data or Other Information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- To enforce our rights, prevent fraud, and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Pub or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- With Consent. Pub may share Other Information with third parties when we have consent to do so.
Pub uses appropriate technical, organizational, and security measures to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. We also take measures to ensure service providers that process personal data on our behalf also have appropriate security controls in place.
Given the nature of communications and information processing technology, Pub cannot guarantee that Information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others.